There are happy days and then there are days which leave us sad, depressed or simply tired.
Sometimes it’s as easy as a good night sleep to start fresh but sometimes not as simple.
There are many ways to beat the blues and bounce back. Below are few to get you started:
- Get Active – exercise : Physical activity improves the blood circulation and helps our brain to release happy chemicals. Apart from the health boost you end up feeling great and relaxed. You do not need to jump off and join a gym. It’s easier to start at home by doing Yoga a few minutes everyday. Read about Yoga health benefits here. Stationary bikes also help you get a low-impact but effective workout in a short period. check home stationary bike reviews here.
- Start a DIY project : DIY projects are a great idea as it’s fun and gives you a satisfying feeling once completed.
- Talk to someone : It can be any person in your life with whom you are comfortable to talk to and also they are trustworthy. Opening up about your feelings in front of someone can release the built in stress and you’ll be relaxed after talking. Addition to this discussion, it may lead you to possible solutions to the problem.
- Don’t blame yourself: We all are human beings. Mistakes and imperfections are a part and parcel of our life. Learn to let it go and move on.
You, yourself, as much as anyone else in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection. – Buddha
- Get a good night sleep: Sufficient sleep makes you feel better and helps to boost your mood.
- Smile: when you smile, body releases endorphins. Endorphins makes us happy and helps in reducing stress levels.
- Switch off the box: I mean the idiot box i.e. television
- Sing: Uplifts your spirits in no time. Singing releases endorphins which gives pleasure and elation.
- Enjoy quality dark chocolate: Chocolate have a natural chemical found in cocoa known as phenylethylamine, which provides instant boost to your sour spirits.
- Massage: A quick massage on the neck, shoulders and feet can boost your mood and release stress.
- Declutter: Getting organized can help us get instantly calmer.
- Revisit happy memories: Celebrate good times. Look at happy photos and think about positive memories.