Prevention is always better than cure. Pimples, blackheads, and whiteheads are all different types of acne. Acne is an inflammatory skin condition that causes boils, breakouts, dark bumps or whiteheads on the skin. Blackheads are small dark bumps that are caused by the clogging of pores of the skin with elements like dead cells, oils, dirt, and dust that is present in the environment. This then enters the pores of the skin and gets clogged up into the oily pores causing blackheads. Blackheads and acne happen due to many reasons like oily skin, hormonal issues, and lack of hygiene, perspiration, and irritation of the skin. A good diet helps keep acne and blackheads at bay.
The Problem of Acne
Acne is a major issue for adolescents as well as for adults. Generally, acne breakouts first start appearing in teenage years and some people also suffer from adult acne. Acne can cause large breakouts on the skin and can affect many parts of the body including the face, shoulders, upper chest area, and back. This can cause major worry to people as acne can be painful, itchy and can also look really bad especially if the breakout happens on the face. People can get very desperate to get rid of their acne and it can cause them to feel irritated and a little ashamed to go out in public when they get a massive acne breakout. Many times people go through all the top 10 beauty products for acne and the persistent problem of acne keeps coming back. Acne and blackheads are a major issue for many people and a solution to this problem can be a better diet.
Foods that Prevent Acne and Blackheads
1. There are many foods that prevent or reduce the risk of acne and blackheads on the skin. Low glycemic foods reduce the risk of developing acne. Whole grains and legumes are rich in nutrients and good for skin so it helps people fight different types of acne.
2. Antioxidants, Vitamin A, E and C and Zinc all help keep the skin healthy and reduce the risk of acne. There are many foods that are rich in all the above-mentioned nutrients which should be part of a diet for people suffering from acne or blackheads. Many top 10 beauty products also include antioxidant nutrients to directly help the skin.
3. All types of citrus fruits like oranges, lemons, limes, and tangerines among other are rich in the above-mentioned nutrients and that is why they are good for the anti blackheads or anti-acne diet.
4. Similarly, colorful antioxidant rich vegetables like spinach, cabbage, broccoli, and other green leafy vegetables are rich in many different types of nutrients. Zinc-rich foods like cashews, quinoa, pumpkin seeds and seafood help as zinc fight acne. If such foods are regularly made part of the diet, there will be no need of a blackhead remover kit.
5. Other foods which are good for the skin include tomatoes, blueberries, brown rice, lentils, salmon, mackerel, nuts and peas among other fresh products.
6. Omega-3 fatty acids rich foods are very good for the skin and including such foods in the diet keeps the skin healthy.
The Foods to Avoid for Reducing Acne
Acne is directly related to the diet of an individual. Avoiding certain types of foods is essential to reduce acne. Fried and oily food with lots of salt and spices are very bad for the skin. Excessive intake of such type of food or even unhealthy junk food can cause acne breakouts. Dairy, saturated fats, Trans fats, and high glycemic carbohydrates are bad for the skin. Pasta, white bread, white rice, and sugar are all bad for the skin and should be avoided by people who have skin that is prone to acne and blackheads. Another type of food that should be avoided to reduce the risk of acne is types of dairy.
We are the food that we eat. To help reduce the risk of acne and blackheads it is important to have the right kinds of food in the diet. Without a healthy diet that includes foods that fight acne, there will be a greater risk of acne and blackheads especially for people with oily skins that are prone to such types of skin problems.