Digestive enzymes are essentially certain substances that our body produces in order to help us digest all the food that we eat. Various parts of the human digestive system secrete one or more digestive enzymes. These enzymes, in turn, help to break down the various components of a food item, such as carbohydrates, proteins, and fats, into smaller and easily digestible units. This allows the nutrients in the food product to get absorbed by the bloodstream, which in turn promotes the smooth functioning of the cells in the human body.
Digestive enzymes are sometimes also consumed in the form of supplements. Protease, lipase, amylase, and nuclease are some of the common types of digestive enzymes that you might want to learn more about. Such supplements can have numerous benefits, including better digestion and faster muscle recovery. Read on to know more about the many types of digestive enzymes that can help you counter a number of diverse health issues.
10 Essential Digestive Enzymes that Your Body Requires
In essence, the job of a digestive enzyme is to break down large molecules into tiny particles that can be easily absorbed by the body, thus acting as catalysts for certain critical chemical reactions. Each digestive enzyme secreted by the body has a specific role to play. The ten digestive enzymes mentioned below are some of the most crucial ones for your health and wellbeing.
- Alpha-Galactosidase: This enzyme is the one that helps the body break down the legume starch contained in food items such as hummus and beans. As a result, the formation of gas is reduced, which could otherwise have caused much discomfort to the individual. You might consider taking a supplement such as TriEnza, if you think that you are suffering from a deficiency of this enzyme.
- Amylase: This is the enzyme required for the breakdown and easy digestion of carbohydrate-rich starches such as rice, bread, etc. You should definitely consider using an amylase supplement if you feel bloated or nauseous after consuming bread or rice.
- Cellulase: This enzyme is used for digesting cellulose by breaking it down to its component parts. Cellulose is commonly found in fiber-rich foods such as plant products, fruits, seeds, and grains. You might consider taking a cellulase supplement if you are planning to increase the amount of fresh produce in your diet.
- Glucoamylase: This enzyme helps you digest the sugar found in food items containing refined grain, such as white bread or white rice. If you suffer from a deficiency of glucoamylase, you might have digestive problems after consuming refined grains of any kind. By taking the correct supplement such as TriEnza, you can solve this issue in no time.
- Invertase: Sucrose, derived from sugarcane, is a type of simple sugar found in various types of food items. Although sucrose tends to break down easily enough, persons, who do not have sufficient amounts of the enzyme known as invertase in their digestive tract may experience bloating after consuming products rich in sucrose. Invertase is essentially an enzyme that helps in the breaking down and digestion of carbohydrates, and it is known to split sucrose into fructose and glucose, its component parts.
- Lactase: This is the enzyme that helps you digest lactose, which is a sugar found mainly in dairy products. Dairy products such as cheese, yogurt, and milk can contain huge amounts of lactose sugar, which might prove hard to digest unless sufficient quantities of the lactase enzyme are present in the digestive tract. You might opt for lactase supplements in case you experience digestive distress after consuming dairy products such as the ones mentioned above.
- Lipase: TriEnza and other digestive enzyme supplements can help you in case you suffer from indigestion, bloating, or heartburn after consuming food items high in fat content. Lipase is a digestive enzyme that helps you break down and digest the lipids or fats that you consume with each meal. Thus, a deficiency of lipase could lead to various adverse reactions whenever you consume fat-rich foods.
- Protease: This is the enzyme that helps you break down and digest food items rich in protein, such as eggs, nuts, and meat. Protease is needed for you to digest these types of food items, and a lack of this enzyme could lead to gas formation and bloating, whenever you eat a meal high in protein. A good enzyme supplement such as TriEnza could help you keep these problems at bay.
- Xylanase: This is another digestive enzyme that helps with breaking down plant fibers to their component nutrients. People who consume a lot of fresh vegetables or raw fruits especially need a large quantity of xylanase in order to be able to digest their meals.
- Phytase: This is a digestive enzyme whose main function is to help the body free the minerals commonly bound to the phytic acid found in plants. Without this enzyme, your body will be unable to absorb the minerals that plants provide, which may, in turn, lead to mineral deficiency and the related health issues.
These are some of the most important digestive enzymes that help with the proper functioning of the human body. If you decide to take a digestive enzyme supplement such as TriEnza, then you should learn as much as possible about the supplement that you are taking and its properties. Purchasing supplements from a reputed manufacturer or seller will help you ensure that what you are buying is a high-quality product.